Thursday, August 9, 2012

9 Aug 2012 (part 2) - Karmin - Pumped Up Kicks / Superbass / Look At Me Now

A wise man once said that Foster The People made him hate music.  (I hope he reads this and remembers that he said that)  This cover makes their biggest hit song a lot better. Sadly, Karmin are fans of Foster the People.  I love this video, because they talk about the choice of cover at the end of it, and there's even a juxtaposition of the original and the cover, which is in a higher key.



From the same Billboard sessions, here is their version of Nicki Minaj's "Superbass".  Did I mention that I thought Karmin was Nicki Minaj the first time I heard them?  Needless to say, this cover, which brings a little lounge to the song, works perfectly.



Moving from lounge music to music suited for play at hockey games...... Karmin takes on Chris Brown. 'Nuff said.  This one is By Request.  Karmin has said that they "butchered" Chris Brown's song.  I disagree.  They brought a different feel to it - less boastful, I suppose - and, once again, it works.



The question is, will there be a Part 3?  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!