Tuesday, August 28, 2012

28 August 2012 - Live - Dusted

On September 10, 1995, I went to see Live, PJ Harvey, and Veruca Salt in Hartford, CT.  This is by far - BY FAR - the worst show I've ever been to.  Veruca Salt were drunk and out of tune.  PJ Harvey - well, it was really Polly Jean and whoever she had in her touring group - was just boring and self-absorbed.

Live was mediocre, but there was one highlight.  One thing they did on their tour was, for a little bit, pull out their acoustic guitars and play a few quiet, intimate songs.  One of their choice was a cover of a song by Guided By Voices, and it was the best tune of the night, by far.  This recording was actually made the day before I saw them - when I saw them, it was a little better, but Ed's voice isn't bad here.

I walked out early on Live.  I've not done that before or since.  But at least I got to hear this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!