Thursday, August 23, 2012

23 August 2012 - The Bird and The Bee - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)

I should open this post by saying that I'm a sucker for a Hall & Oates cover.  A very dear friend of mine when I was growing up was the world's biggest Hall & Oates fan.  He's no longer with us, so whenever I hear a Hall & Oates song, I think of him fondly.

So when Los Angeles duo The Bird and The Bee released their Interpreting The Masters: Volume 1 album - Hall and Oates covers and a couple of songs inspired by them - I was clearly interested.  Inara George isn't Daryl Hall, to be sure, but she brings that Philly soul feel to the song just the same.  Truly an admirable interpretation/homage to an underrated band.

And yes, that's John Oates, who guest starred on guitar for this live performance. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!