Thursday, August 9, 2012

9 Aug 2012 (part 1) - Karmin - Tonight (I'm Loving You) / Firework / Price Tag

Today, I decided I was going to feature one artist and a bunch of their covers.  In order to do that, I had to pick an artist that had more than one.  Well, this artist (who we featured yesterday on the other blog) got their career started with a YouTube following and a bunch of covers.  This was one of their earliest ones, a cover of an Enrique Iglesias hit, showcases the vocals, but not the hip-hop style, of the group.



Amy and Nick (together they are Karmin) also do an admirable job on this Katy Perry hit.  It's a lot quieter than the original, but Amy's really powerful vocals shine on this version.



Yesterday, I talked a lot about Amy's vocals.  Today, I want to make sure you noticed that Nick is multiinstrumental.  On this version of "Price Tag", he pulls out the TROMBONE, giving the song a Dixieland feel and a whole new dimension.  (And yes -we get Amy's hip-hoppery on this tune).


Now, eagle eyed fans will notice that all three of this songs were featured in their original form on our other blog, Wicked Guilty Pleasures (here, here, and here).  Yeah.  I did that on purpose.  More eagle eyed fans will notice the qualifier "(part 1)" on this post.  I did that on purpose, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!