Wednesday, September 4, 2013

4 September 2013 - Faith Hill - Stealing Kisses

Lori McKenna is one of my favorite singer/songwriters. Whenever I find out that she has a song on someone's album I HAVE to hear it. While it was a couple years after its release, I learned that Faith Hill covered three Lori McKenna songs on her 2005 Fireflies album (including the heartbreaking Stealing Kisses). I was intrigued. All I really knew about the country superstar at the time was that she was ridiculously gorgeous (this was shortly before I started exploring the pop country world).

I must admit that I didn't really have a particularly positive reaction to Faith's version of Stealing Kisses when I first heard it. There was no desperation in her voice. No sadness. No longing. I didn't hate it, but it had to grow on me, and it eventually did when I finally realized that Faith and Lori are completely different, yet brilliant singers in their own ways.

So yeah, I know many people got into Lori McKenna because of Faith Hill, but am I the only one who got into Faith Hill because of Lori McKenna?



I've heard quite a few Faith Hill covers over the years, but this one by Joy Turner is totally kick-ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!