Wednesday, June 6, 2012

6 June 2012 - Ministry - Lay Lady Lay & Rehab

I have to admit I didn't like Ministry's Filth Pig disc when it came out in 1996. It just didn't sound right to me, especially coming off a string of industrial classics - The Land of Rape and Honey (1988), The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste (1989) and the epic Psalm 69: The Way to Succeed and the Way to Suck Eggs (1992). After my initial disappointment with Filth Pig, I kind of took a break from Ministry for a little over a decade (sure, I'd play the classics every so often, but I pretty much had my head somewhere else musically). A few years ago I decided to catch up with the rest of their catalog (including giving Filth Pig another shot...this time I "got it" and I dug the newer output as well). So here is the lead single from Filth Pig, a bruising cover of Bob Dylan's Lay Lady Lay. I'm still trying to figure out if it's easier to decipher the lyrics with Al or Bob singing it.



This Amy Winehouse cover is NOT to be missed (sorry, it's just the song, no video).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!