Thursday, June 21, 2012

21 June 2012 - Kris Delmhorst - You Might Think / Drive

Anyone who reads my other blogs knows what my Album of the Year pick was for 2011.  Far and away, it was Cars by Kris Delmhorst.  This is a bit of an understatement; I would call it the best album I've heard in the last five years, at least. She was able to retain the dark optimism of Rik Ocasek's original lyrics and vocals (and yes, in some cases, Ben Orr's), while bringing her own folky soulfulness to the music.  This was the best of the best.  Expertly done, this version gives me chills.



The album was so good, I wanted to also share Kris's take on Ben Orr's lyrics.  Equally chilling, this is a song I don't like in its original form, but love in hers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!