Tuesday, June 12, 2012

12 June 2012 - The Lemonheads - Into Your Arms

Sometimes, I learn something from my own blog.

Today, I wanted to post a cover of this song, one of the biggest and most jangly hits by Evan Dando's Lemonheads.  Here is that video.  It's a big, fun, happy, sweet song, and has always been one of my favorite Lemonheads songs.



But, in my search for a cover of this song, I found this.  This is the original recording of Robyn St. Clare's song, as done by her two-piece Love Positions. This is where it gets a little incestuous. Robyn, a bassist, was also in a band called The Hummingbirds. When she had to take a maternity leave from the band, Nic Dalton filled in for her on tour.  Nic was the other half of Love Positions.  He went on to replace Juliana Hatfield in The Lemonheads...



So, today's cover IS The Lemonheads's version of the song.  I never did find the other cover, by the band By The Tree - if you have Spotify, you can listen to it here - but I got to post the song I wanted to anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!