Monday, October 8, 2012

8 October 2012 - The Cure - Hello I Love You

And now for some insight as to how my mind works...

You know how people say they get inspiration in the shower (or on the throne)...well, I get inspiration in the bar (to each his own right?). On an almost related side-note: if it wasn't for a happy hour I never would have "foolishly" weaseled my way into writing for this blog (and Wicked Guilty Pleasures for that matter). But that's a tragic story for another day (let's just say cheap booze and twitter can be a dangerous thing...and I freaking did it twice).

Anyway, I was sitting at the bar last week when some insufferable fool put the original Doors version of this song on the jukebox (followed by the Dead no less). Dude was lucky I didn't throw a pint glass at his head. Luckily for him I just got a full beer and wasn't about to waste a whole $2. It's called maturity people. Instead, I turned a negative into a positive -- post a video of the Cure covering the song. Not exactly revenge, but it saved me plenty of time finding a song to post today. And in the end, isn't that the most important thing? Well, that and not going to jail for assault with a pint glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!