Tuesday, October 23, 2012

23 October 2012 - The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues (Marry Me, Bill)

A lot of people think the 5th Dimension originated this song, but they didn't.  It's Laura Nyro's song, through and through.  Marilyn McCoo's vocals just happen to be well suited for it.  She brings a longing to the song that even the original, itself a pretty good song, didn't have.



If you're like me, you didn't know that Marilyn McCoo was a member of the 5th Dimension until many years later.  You just knew her as the hostess of Solid Gold.  Well, she performed this song on that show! Even a decade and a half after its original release, she still sounded great!



Amazingly, I didn't know this song - amazingly! - until this particular show.  One of these days, I'm going to have a special Wicked Guilty Pleasures blog post on Gilmore Girls, but here, I want you to enjoy this use of a great classic song.

And now I want to use this song at my wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!