Sunday, May 6, 2012

6 May 2012 - CSS - Pretend We're Dead

I've met Donita Sparks.  Lovefoxxx is NOT Donita Sparks.

Actually, that first statement is true.  1995 Warped Tour, Northhampton, MA.  Briefly met Donita Sparks, as her band, L7, was the headlining act on that tour.  Also had my hand on her in indelicate ways as she crowdsurfed (I wasn't actually trying to have my hand on her in indelicate ways - I just was trying not to drop her). They were fantastic.

CSS is not L7 in any way, shape, or form, but they make a hardcore slowjam work as a dance club classic. Frankly, despite my opening statement to this post, Lovefoxxx does have a particular stage presence, that, while different, does at the very least match and in some way exceeds the outgoing stage presence of the crowdsurfing Donita Sparks.

Lovefoxxx does speak better Portuguese, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!