Wednesday, February 20, 2013

20 February 2013 - Beastie Boys - Screaming at a Wall

I've always been pretty hit or miss when it came to the Beastie Boys. I really liked that era in the early 90s when they picked up their instruments and played some bad ass punk rock. Granted, there wasn't a lot of songs they did this on, but I certainly appreciated it more (especially when I "had" to see them at Lollapalooza). Anyway, I stumbled upon this pretty true to the original live version of them playing a classic Minor Threat song. Can you imagine if it was the other way around? I can totally see Ian MacKaye singing Brass Monkey...awww that funky monkey.

1 comment:

  1. I rather enjoy seeing them get back to their punk roots, even if only for a cover.

    ReplyDelete

Please, please, say something!