Monday, July 9, 2012

9 July 2012 - Julie Roberts - Whiskey and You



Me and Julie

First off, I'd like to thank Tony for covering for my lazy beach bumness last week. I had every intention to post, but the OBX weather was just too awesome to sit in front of a laptop (plus I had a bunch of books to barrel my way through: Mansfield Park, The Punk Rock Book of Lists, Dave Mustaine's autobiography and the first two books in the Hunger Games series).

Anyway, this track off Julie's latest record Alive really blew me away the first time I heard it. But, I never knew it was a cover until recently. Since I'm seeing Tim McGraw perform soon I decided to reacquaint myself with his back catalog. One afternoon I put on his Let it Go cd while doing some work around the house. Imagine my surprise when I heard one of my favorite Julie Roberts songs, or should I say, one of my favorite songs done by Julie Roberts. Regardless of who played it first, it's a great sad country tune.

1 comment:

  1. No worries. I totally know you'll do the same for me at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Please, please, say something!