Tuesday, October 8, 2013

8 October 2013 - The Bangles - Going Down To Liverpool

My first exposure to The Bangles was a song on a Saturday morning music video show in 1985.  I didn't know at the time that this song was originally done by Katrina and the Waves (and was reissued afterwards as the B-side to "Walking on Sunshine").  I didn't know that Debbi Peterson was not the normal lead vocalist of this little group. I certainly didn't know why the camera was giving so much attention to the acoustic guitarist (it's Susanna Hoffs, if you weren't aware, and I would be aware two years later when she gave those sideways eyes again in the video for "Walk Like An Egyptian").

And I didn't know why Leonard Nimoy was so willing to appear in a video for four unknown women.  But it made them cooler.

I know all these things now.  Susanna Hoffs was friends with Adam Nimoy, Leonard's son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!