Thursday, October 11, 2012

12 October 2012 - The Cardigans and Tom Jones - Burning Down The House

Scott has been on a Cardigans kick this week - he's posted twice about them on these blogs (Here is the cover, Here is the Wicked Guilty Pleasure).  This has ticked me off slightly... mostly because I was on a concurrent Cardigans kick and was going to do some posting myself.

Then I stopped being ticked off.  The Cardigans have done a lot of covers, so there was plenty of time and space for me to post a couple, too!

I wasn't really ticked off.  We do this to each other all the time.

This collaboration between The Cardigans and Tom Jones on a Talking Heads classic brings a different energy to the song than the original.  Tom Jones sounds strong when backed by a horn section, and he makes the song work for him.  Nina Persson has a thinner voice, but she still shows a darker side that "Lovefool" just doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!