Wednesday, August 29, 2012

29 August 2012 - Cheap Trick - Day Tripper

I've been a fan of Cheap Trick ever since I was a kid and heard I Want You To Want Me (it was on a 45 with Flirting With Disaster by Molly Hatchet...I think it was a freebie from a candy bar company...fuzzy memory...but I do know these were the songs on it). I played the hell out of that 45. Eventually I would go on to buy a bunch of Cheap Tricks tapes over the years (yes, tapes). Sadly, I never saw them in concert. That's all changing this weekend as I'm seeing them headline an afternoon show in Virginia Beach on Saturday (the stage is on the beach!). Even better, Southern Culture on the Skids and Soul Asylum are opening. I was already planning on spending the day lounging on the beach...now I can do that and see a killer show.

Well here they are covering some band from Liverpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, say something!